Microbiology Lab Technician
Company Description & Purpose
Allonnia’s purpose is the pursuit of imaginative solutions to solve the world’s toughest waste challenges through biology. Allonnia is leveraging the power of biotechnology and engineered systems to degrade or sequester pollutants and upcycle waste. Our ethos at Allonnia is to work in harmony with nature, combining biology and technology to fast forward time and bring Nature’s future solutions to the present day. Through this collaboration we will unlock the potential in waste and enable a world where nothing is wasted. Allonnia is backed by Battelle, Ginkgo Bioworks, Viking Global, General Atlantic, EVOK and Cascade Investments.
Mission of the Position
The mission of the role is to 1) conduct and assist in experiments related to the ability of microbes to degrade / detoxify various environmental contaminants in support of developing commercial products 2) support commercialization of technology related to waste treatment 3) culture fungal and bacterial strains 4) manage lab equipment and materials. This is a full-time position that requires 100% time in the lab.
- B.S or M.S. in biotechnology, microbiology, chemistry, or related field.
- 0-2 years of Laboratory experience (college experience possible).
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Proficient in aseptic technique
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Office tools
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Responsibilities & Measurable Accountabilities
- Perform a variety of laboratory experiments following SOPs and assist with SOP optimization
- Operate, maintain, and clean laboratory instruments and equipment
- Prepare buffers and media
- Culture fungal and bacterial strains; Prepare biological samples for laboratory analysis
- Comply with all safety standards
- Maintain a lab notebook; Record and manage data
- Communicate results, observations, and/or issues related to lab equipment, materials and experiments to supervisors
Allonnia Core Values
Committing to work on the right things as individuals and as a company, making a difference every day
Working with passion and curiosity to learn every day, creatively delivering results to the world
Fostering a high trust environment that embraces constructive debate, achieving success together
- Analysis Skills
- Team Player
- Communications – Oral
- Communications – Written