Marketing & Communications Specialist
Allonnia’s purpose is the pursuit of imaginative solutions to solve the world’s toughest waste challenges through biology. Allonnia is leveraging the power of biotechnology and engineered systems to degrade or sequester pollutants and upcycle waste. Our ethos at Allonnia is to work in harmony with nature, combining biology and technology to fast forward time and bring Nature’s future solutions to the present day. Through this collaboration we will unlock the potential in waste and enable a world where nothing is wasted. Allonnia is backed by Battelle, Ginkgo Bioworks, Viking Global, General Atlantic, EVOK and Cascade Investments.
Mission of the Position
The mission of the Marketing & Communications Specialist is to help implement the marketing strategy of the company’s largest emerging contaminant solution, Surface Active Foam Fractionation (SAFF) which removes PFAS, known as the ‘forever chemical’, from contaminated waters. The specialist will manage the company’s social media accounts, coordinate conference and event participation logistics, project manage marketing activities for a product line and create compelling product content in collaboration with the sales and technical teams.
Key Criteria and Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Associate's degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant B2B marketing experience with a focus on social media management, event planning, project management and content creation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write engaging and persuasive content for various channels.
- Ability to translate technical product information and into customer-friendly content is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective organization and analytical skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment. Must be capable of managing multiple projects that are deadline-oriented, handle interruptions, and be flexible with changing tasks
- The integrity to maintain and promote high social, ethical, and organizational standards in all matters
- Experience with digital platforms and software: LinkedIn, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, CRM
- Knowledge in email marketing and paid advertising a plus
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Boston preferred but open to remote with travel to Boston once a quarter
- Potential for 10% travel for our larger conference participations, will fluctuate based on conference calendar
Project manage marketing activities and generate engaging content for SAFF product line aligned to marketing objectives
- Manage timelines and deliverables for marketing project plan
- Collaborate across teams to execute activities
- Monitor project progress, identify risks and implement mitigation plans to ensure successful outcomes
- Write persuasive and compelling product content, working closely with the technical and sales teams to translate complex technical information into clear and customer-focused messaging
Manage company social media accounts, marketing reporting and analysis to drive engagement, increase lead generation and brand visibility
- Develop and execute social media content calendars, including creating engaging posts and graphics
- Monitor social media channels and respond to inquiries
- Analyze social media metrics and generate reports to measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns
Plan and coordinate logistics for company’s event participation, ensuring successful execution and alignment to conference goals.
- Manage tradeshow participation, booth setup, shipment and other logistical timelines
- Collaborate with teams to develop promotional materials, presentations and booth designs
- Develop post-conference report and learnings
- Support with creation of processes for smooth event planning
- Support with company webinar program, acting as co-organizer as needed, developing processes, promotion and reporting
- Team Player
- Written Communication