Company Description & Purpose
Allonnia’s purpose is the pursuit of imaginative solutions to solve the world’s toughest waste challenges through biology. Allonnia is leveraging the power of biotechnology and engineered systems to degrade or sequester pollutants and upcycle waste. Our ethos at Allonnia is to work in harmony with nature, combining biology and technology to fast forward time and bring Nature’s future solutions to the present day. Through this collaboration we will unlock the potential in waste and enable a world where nothing is wasted. Allonnia is backed by Battelle, Ginkgo Bioworks, Viking Global, General Atlantic, EVOK and Cascade Investments.
Mission of the Position
Allonnia is seeking talented Data Scientists to join our dynamic team and make a significant impact on our environmental bioremediation initiatives and commercial operations. As a Data Scientist at Allonnia, you will be a key player in shaping our business strategy, data visualization, experimentation, and innovation efforts.
- A Master's, or Ph.D. in a related field (e.g., Data Science, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or a scientific discipline).
- Microbiology or chemistry background is a plus.
- Proficiency with R and Python, modeling and data visualizations
- Experience with AWS or SQL is preferred, but not required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on complex, real-world problems.
- Understanding of data science best practices (including data cleaning, mining, analysis, and visualization)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable and able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
Responsibilities & Measurable Accountabilities
Business Strategy and Decision Support
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Allonnia's teams to develop data-driven insights and support strategic decision-making.
- Analyze market trends, forecast sales/products, and competitive landscapes to inform business strategies.
- Perform data analysis on projects and time series of environmental bioremediation data collected from the wet lab.
Data Visualization and Reporting
- Create visually appealing and informative dashboards and reports for various projects within Allonnia.
- Develop marketing dashboards for commercial teams and perform data analysis from wet lab processes.
- Communicate effectively and adapt to various backgrounds while adhering to data ethics and data privacy compliance.
- Drive innovation by developing and implementing novel data science approaches to solve unique problems and address pain points within the company
- Experience with data reporting, dashboard creation, and data analytics tools such as Quicksight, Streamlit, and Shiny.
- Stay current with cutting-edge technologies in data science, machine learning (ML), and artificial intelligence (AI) to transform data into actionable insights.
- Possess a strong foundation in statistics and biostatistics.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge in data cleaning, processing, analysis, and experimental design, particularly in the context of environmental and business challenges.
Allonnia Core Values
Committing to work on the right things as individuals and as a company, making a difference every day
Working with passion and curiosity to learn every day, creatively delivering results to the world
Fostering a high trust environment that embraces constructive debate, achieving success together
- Analysis Skills
- Team Player
- Communications – Oral
- Communications – Written